No pictures for this one - still on vacation at the in-laws. I get sort of distracted when I make dinner and everyone is around! This one is super good!
What you need:
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas (I used Azteca flour tortillas, but I wish I would've gotten a little bigger ones)
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb. ground turkey or beef
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning (you can even use the Taco Bell brand seasoning)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 tomato, diced
- Sour cream
- Brown the ground meat in heated olive oil over medium high heat. Follow directions on taco seasoning package to season meat (usually you need 3/4 cup of water and simmer for 5 minutes).
- Place corn tortillas in oven on broil to make crisp. Watch them carefully so they are crispy but don't burn.
- Lay all of the flour tortillas out flat and divide the meat mixture among the evenly. Make sure you put them in the center. Depending on the thickness of your flour tortilla, you may want to put the corn tortilla down first (which I will do next time) because it will tear when you go to eat it.
- Place corn tortilla on top of seasoned meat.
- Place lettuce, tomato, cheese on top and carefully fold flour tortillas up around corn tortilla.
- Place each spaceship on a grill just to brown the flour tortilla. (I skipped these steps - b/c I was lazy)
- You should flip and grill the other side if the flour tortilla overlaps the center.
- Serve with sour cream on top or inside the wrap. You could also use other toppings or sauces, to your liking. Traditional Crunchwraps use lettuce, tomato, cheese and sour cream :)
Recipe Source: Food.com