This month, I decided to have my sponsors share a recipe with readers since this is a food blog and all. Jane & Jodi could not have picked more perfect foods to share with y'all! :)
If you would like to sponsor Fantastical Sharing, please check out the sponsor page for more information.
Taingamala is a made up word my husband and I use with each other. Like aloha, it can mean many different things like I love you, thinking of you or just thanks for being you. You can join our adventure as newlyweds with the mix of military life thrown in. Recipes from a home kitchen cook. And, crafts making our house a home.
It's football season and one of my favorite things about football is a good tailgate party. Crisp autumn air, excitement before a big game, cold beer, good friends and of course the food. This is one of my favorite tailgating recipes from the college days thanks to the men of Kappa Sigma but altered by this sorority girl to be a little more diet friendly.
Makes 12 Poppers
- 1 green pepper
- 12 shrimp (peeled and devained)
- 12 strips of turkey bacon
- neufchatel cheese (light cream cheese)
Wash and cut the green pepper into 12 bite sized pieces. Put a spoonful of neufchatel cheese onto each of the green pepper pieces. Add one shrimp on top of each green pepper/neufchatel cheese bite. Wrap each in one piece of turkey bacon. Skewer on a kabob. Grill approximately 3-4 minutes a side or until the turkey bacon and shrimp are cooked through.
You can find Jane here:
I love to experiment and this is one of my most recent creations!
Jalapeño Cheddar Buffalo Burgers
- 1 pound ground buffalo
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Ground pepper
- Garlic Powder
- A couple dashes of hot sauce (or more depending on your taste)
1. Prepare the grill or preheat a pan to medium high heat.
2. Cook bacon until crisp and set aside to use as a topping.
3. Finely chop pepper and grate cheese if using blocked cheese like I
did (I think this tastes better)
4. Mix together all ingredients and form into patties.
5. Cooked until desired "doneness" (is that a word???)
6. Top with bacon and serve on a bun with desired toppings!
You can find Jodi here:
And a shout-out to my last sponsor, Bri, from No Boys Allowed!!