If you have never visited the Pioneer Woman's website...you might be crazy. Ree Drummond has an amazing plethora of different recipes and she is hilarious.
I love quesadillas. Absolutely love them. I also love grilled (fresh) pineapple. This was probably the best meal I have had in my whole life. Thank you, Ree!!
What you need:
- 8 whole flour tortillas (I use Azteca)
- 2 cups grilled pineapple, sliced
- 3 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 whole jalapeno, sliced
- 3 tbsp. bbq sauce
|Salt and pepper your chicken. I also did cumin, but next time I might try cayenne.|
|Obviously these aren't grilled, but grill your chicken until no longer pink.|
|Brush with bbq sauce. Remove from pan and slice into very thin slices. I think mine ended up as chunks.|
- Toast and warm tortillas in griddle with the butter.
|Cut and serve with dipping sauce. I used sour cream to offset the heat. You could also do pico de gallo, guacamole, etc.|