I am a very stubborn person.
I am set in my ways about a lot of food, although I have recently become a little more daring and decided to try new things. I have posted 3 banana bread recipes of 4 that I have tried. My tried and true is not on the blog and the other three were great. Only one of the 4 are different from regular old banana bread (Strawberry Cake Mix Banana Bread) because I like regular ole banana bread.
When I had a craving for banana bread, I decided to see what recipes I had on my bread board on Pinterest and really wanted to make the Raspberry Dark Chocolate Banana Bread , however I only had frozen raspberries and semisweet chocolate chips. I did have a bag of Raspberry Dark Chocolate M&Ms and that was good enough for me, so I made the adaptation. It was delicious banana bread and I'm feeling a lot more comfortable about trying new banana bread flavor combinations.
For all those celebrating tomorrow, Happy Thanksgiving!! :)
What you need:
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, at room temp
- 2 large eggs
- 3 mashed ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 pkg. Raspberry dark chocolate M&Ms
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Cream sugar and butter for about 1 minute. Add eggs, one at a time. Then add banana, yogurt, and vanilla until just blended. Stir in flour until moistened. Fold in M&Ms and mini chocolate chips gently.
- Pour into greased 9x5-inch glass loaf pan and even the top out with a spatula.
- Bake at 325 to 350* for 50 to 60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. What temperature you bake at really depends on your oven. If it cooks hot, you'll want to go lower. If the top of your loaf starts getting dark, you can put a piece of aluminum foil over the top.
- Cool 15 minutes in pan and then remove and cool completely.
Recipe adapted from RecipeBoy
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin
Post a Comment