Even though I make pizza often, often enough to know my pizza crust recipe by heart, I have never made just cheese pizza. We always have some type of meat or veggie on it. I think the kids were very excited to try out a homemade cheese pizza. They like cheese pizza a ton.
When Sally posted her recipe for Extra Cheese Pizza, I knew I had to make it asap and I did. I fit it into the meal plan for that month and I've made it twice since then. It's the right combination of cheeses and the basil is the perfect addition.
But honestly, the best part is the homemade crust. You can't make a good homemade pizza without a good homemade crust. I have been making mine for so long now that other pizzas are ruined. I like mine the best and I pride myself on making one mean pizza!
What you need:
- 1 recipe homemade pizza crust (my go-to recipe)
- Pizza sauce (I love Classico pasta sauce for this!)
- 8 oz. sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- Dried ground basil
- Roll out crust to desired size and top with pizza sauce out to an inch to half and inch of the edge.
- Top with sliced mozzarella, shredded mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, and basil, to taste.
- Bake at 425* for 10 to 15 minutes, or until edges are browned.
Recipe adapted slightly from Sally's Baking Addiction
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin