Spicy, cheesy, and bacony - this quiche is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or brinner!
I have been on a roll with these Sunday Supper events lately :) This week's theme is EGGTASTIC and is hosted by Wendy of Wholistic Woman. I just had to share one of my favorite types of egg dishes: QUICHE!! It's good for breakfast, brunch, or brinner. Any meal of the day - quiche just works so well!
What's more is that I love love love this quiche. It combines quiche with one of my favorite things: jalapeno poppers. There is this perfect bite of cream cheese in each bite along with the jalapeno, bacon, and cheddar cheese. It really couldn't be any better than that!
What you need:
- 1 frozen (thawed) or homemade pie crust [I used this recipe]
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 jalapenos, diced
- 1 jalapeno, sliced in rounds for the top
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled --OR-- 1 pkg. real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Place crust in a greased pie pan and prick with a fork all over the bottom. Bake at 400* for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat cream and half-and-half into a small saucepan over medium heat. You don't want it to boil, but you do want it to get very close where small bubbles show up around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and spread cream cheese on the bottom while it's still hot.
- Add diced jalapenos on top of the cream cheese.
- In a bowl, beat together eggs. Add hot cream and half-and-half and whisk to combine. I added mine in little bits to be able to keep the eggs from cooking.
- Season with paprika, salt, and pepper. Add bacon and stir.
- Pour into the crust and bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with jalapeno slices and cheese. Bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese has melted and is golden brown (and eggs are set). Let cool slightly before slicing to serve.
Recipe from Real Housemoms
Check out all these other EGGTASTIC recipes from my fellow Sunday Supper movement pals!
Appetizers & Sides
- Classic Deviled Eggs from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Classic Deviled Eggs(-alad Sandwiches) from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Easter Deviled Egg Chicks from Pine Needles In My Salad
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs from Momma’s Meals
- Ham and Swiss Deviled Eggs from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Hrudka – Ukrainian Egg Cheese for Easter from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Jalapeño Popper Deviled Eggs from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Smoky Deviled Bacon And Eggs from Taste And See
- Spicy Sriracha Deviled Eggs from An Appealing Plan
- Achiote Pulled Pork and Black Bean Huevos Rancheros from Cooking on The Ranch
- Asparagus Sausage Skillet with Egg from Wholistic Woman
- Avocado Egg Chilaquiles from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Baked Eggs in Cream from Tramplingrose
- Baked Scotch Eggs from Curious Cuisiniere
- Chorizo, Dubliner, and Vegetable Quiche from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Classic Egg Salad Sandwich from My Imperfect Kitchen
- Classic Shirred Eggs with Gruyere and Ham from The Weekend Gourmet
- Egg Biryani from Food Lust People Love
- Fri-Tot-Ta from Feeding Big
- Hashbrown Egg Nests from The TipToe Fairy
- Italian Style Stuffed Bread from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Jalapeño Popper Quiche from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Japanese Egg Crepes (Kinshi Tamago) from NinjaBaker.com
- Low Carb Breakfast Pizza from My Life Cookbook
- Make Ahead & Freeze Omelette Cups from Hardly A Goddess
- Mediterranean Frittata from A Mind “Full” Mom
- Mini Frittata with Asparagus and Six Italian Cheeses from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Papas con Huevos (Potato and Egg Tacos) from Kitchen Gidget
- Pasta Carbonara with Shrimp and Leeks from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Poached Eggs over Roasted Asparagus from Monica’s Table
- Potato, Egg and Cheese Scramble from And She Cooks
- Spaghetti with Fried Eggs from The Texan New Yorker
- Steak Benedict from Palatable Pastime
- Steak Omelette from From Gate to Plate
- Sun-dried Tomato and Spinach Quiche from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sunny Side Up Burger from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Tex-Mex Migas from Caroline’s Cooking
- Toad in the Hole Breakfast Sandwiches from Daily Dish Recipes
- Tomato Asiago Frittata from Books n’ Cooks
- Yemeni Shakshouka (Yemeni Spiced Scrambled Eggs) from Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Creamy Flan from The Freshman Cook
- Creme Anglaise from The Redhead Baker
- Croquembouche from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Dark Chocolate Mousse from The Chef Next Door
- Orange Coconut Bundt Cake from Desserts Required
- Pavlova with Strawberry Curd from Love and Confections
- Pistachio Chai Baked Alaska from The Crumby Cupcake
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies from Pies and Plots
- Plus Curried Egg Salad on Toasted Naan and More Eggtastic Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram
stop by my amazon store to see my kitchen must-haves
Post a Comment