One pot magic does it again with this delicious pesto pasta!
Back again with another one pot meal! YASSSSSSS!! I seriously love them. Not only are they quick to make, they only dirty the one pot and I love that. Dishes are my arch nemesis. This recipe has lots of my favorite ingredients: pesto, pasta, sausage, tomatoes, and cheese! Like it could not be more perfectly catered to me if it tried. Favorite ingredients, quickly cooks, and only dirties the one pot. The original recipe called for 2 tsp. of basil pesto, but I added quite a bit more because I love pesto so much.
What you need:
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 5 cups rotini pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups milk
- 1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes
- Basil pesto - original recipe calls for 2 tsp, I used closer to 2 Tbsp. if not more
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, cook sausage over medium-high heat crumbling as you go. Add garlic and salt and cook for an additional minute.
- Add pasta, broth, milk, tomatoes, and pesto.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 10 to 12 minutes. The pasta will be cooked and the liquid mostly absorbed.
- Stir in cheese. If there is still liquid, let it sit for 4 to 5 minutes to thicken up.
Recipe from The Recipe Rebel
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram