Nachos just got better with this loaded tatortot version topped with delicious carne asada!
I don't know if my blog demographic covers many Tenacious D fans, but if there are a few out there - one of the things that drew me to this recipe was the title. I couldn't stop giggling. Their song "The History of Tenacious D" features a lot of things that are supreme and I was so happy when the family asked what was for dinner and I got to sing totcho supreme and they looked at me like I was crazy (except for my husband who made me repeat it in a not-singing voice so that he could also sing it). I love the play on words here. This recipe is nachos using tatortots instead of chips and loaded up with all sorts of goodies - making it supreme, of course.
This is the exact type of meal I love to have when I'm craving Mexican food, but I loved having potatoes instead of chips.
What you need:
- Frozen tatortots or golden rounds
- 2 cups Mexican-style cheese
- 1 1/2 to 2 lb. beef (I got beef precut to make carne picada)
- Carne asada marinade mix (and ingredients called for on back)
- Toppings (optional): sour cream, guacamole, green onions, hot sauce, etc.
- Mix up carne asada marinade and marinate beef according to package instructions. Cook to desired doneness and slice up (if you need to)
- Meanwhile, cook tatortots according to instructions on bag. During last five minutes or so, top with cheese.
- Remove tots from oven and top with carne asada.
- Served topped with desired toppings - I did guac and sour cream :)
Recipe slightly adapted from Real Food by Dad
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram