Sweet banana muffins with a rich swirl of Nutella
Banana bread is one of my all-time favorite things and I do occasionally enjoy a lovely banana nut muffin. I thought the idea of Nutella and banana together in a muffin was such a great idea and the recipe itself looked quite simple. And all those things were so true. The muffins were very easy to make and they were so delicious. The richness of the Nutella really truly is the perfect addition to a sweet banana muffin.
What you need:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 4 oz. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripened bananas
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter, sugars, and eggs together.
- Then add the applesauce and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir.
- Add bananas and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into paper cups in a muffin tin about 2/3 of the way full.
- In a small bowl, microwave Nutella for a 30 seconds and stir until smooth. Place a dollop in each muffin and swirl with a butter knife.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Recipe from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram