This hearty grilled cheese is loaded with bacon, chicken, spinach, and four slices of cheese!
I would never turn down a grilled cheese - just a regular old grilled cheese, but I will gladly take a loaded up grilled cheese sandwich like this one in a heartbeat. One sandwich contains FOUR slices of cheese for extra cheesiness. Plus there is chicken, bacon, and spinach too. It's great when you want a sandwich that is a little more filling. My big kids really loved it too. They like spinach, so they didn't shy away from theses sandwiches.
What you need:
For the garlic mayonnaise:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Sourdough bread
- Unsalted butter
- Garlic mayonnaise
- American cheese slices (4 slices per sandwich)
- Chicken tenderloins, grilled
- Bacon, cooked until crispy
- Fresh baby spinach
- For the garlic mayonnaise: mix all ingredients together and refrigerate.
- For the sandwiches: On each slice of bread, spread butter on one side and garlic mayo on the opposite.
- On one slice, top with 2 pieces of American cheese, 1-2 chicken tenders, bacon, spinach, and 2 more pieces of American cheese. Top with another slice of bread, butter side out
- In a panini maker or on a griddle or frying pan, cook grilled cheese until browned on both sides and cheese has melted. Cut in half and serve.
If you're looking for an alternate to a grilled cheese, this Heirloom BLT with Fried Egg and Smoked Gouda is a good alternate. The best, in fact. Another great sandwich is this Ultimate Kids' Grilled Cheese from Real Food By Dad - it has chicken strips and mozzarella sticks on it!
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram