Roasted jalapenos and bacon take this egg salad recipe to the next level!
I don't really get to enjoy egg salad very often because I'm the lone wolf in our house. I think Cami would like it if she tried it, but otherwise, it's just me. I have had this Roasted Jalapeno Egg Salad recipe saved for years, but had no clue that it was a one serving recipe. I planned on making it for myself for lunch and eating it for a few days. I was a little surprised, but happy to see that I didn't have to refrigerate it at all because honestly leftover egg salad, tuna salad, and chicken salad freaks me out a little.
The recipe itself was fairly easy to make. It did have a few steps to go through, but overall, it wasn't a lengthy recipe or very advanced. I added bacon bits to my mix because you can't have jalapenos and cheese without bacon! I served it up on sourdough bread, which is one of my favorite kinds of bread. Overall, this is easily my favorite recipe for egg salad. It's definitely the best egg salad I have ever eaten. It reminds me of jalapeno popper deviled eggs and I love that. I'd much rather make egg salad than deviled eggs. Because if you mess up peeling the egg for an egg salad sandwich, it's no big deal.
What you need:
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise, plus or minus some
- 1 to 2 roasted jalapenos*, diced
- Bacon bits
- Salt and pepper
- Sourdough bread
- Thick sliced cheddar cheese
- *I roast my jalapenos under the broiler until it blackens and then flip and let the other side blacken. Then I seal them in a plastic bag to steam. After 10 to 20 minutes or so, I peel them, slice them in half, and remove the seeds.
- Stir together chopped eggs, mayonnaise (to your liking), jalapenos, and bacon bits. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on toasted sourdough with sliced cheddar.
Because I mentioned them earlier, I thought it was only fair to link to Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs. They are the bomb. Another recipe that I'm really excited to try is this Ultimate Creamy Egg Salad from Whole and Heavenly Oven.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram