This casserole has chicken and marinara and topped with Red Lobster biscuits - so delicious!
I have yet to have an authentic Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuit because I'm honestly not a huge fan of seafood, so I don't really ever go to Red Lobster. I have always meant to make homemade copycat biscuits, but never got around to it. I actually wasn't even aware there was Cheddar Bay biscuit mix, but took a chance that I would go to the grocery store and it would be there. I was really happy with how this turned out. I love anything with marinara and the biscuit topping was seriously amazing. I have got to make homemade Cheddar Bay biscuits soon.
What you need:
- 1 box Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit mix
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12 oz. marinara
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook in a skillet over medium-high until no longer pink
- Meanwhile, mix together biscuit mix (reserve the seasoning packet for later), water, cheddar, and green onion.
- In a greased 9x13-inch casserole dish, pour marinara and spread evenly. Then top with chicken breasts.
- Then spoon biscuit mixture over the top to cover the chicken completely.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Stir together melted butter and reserved seasoning packet. Brush casserole immediately upon removing from oven. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes, then serve.
It's basically nothing like this casserole other than the chicken, but I love the Slow Cooker Pesto Mozzarella Chicken Pasta. Chicken and biscuits are a great combination, but there is another wonderful combo in this Chicken & Stuffing Bake from Life as a Lofthouse.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram