This sandwich is loaded with two types of cheese, bacon, and pickles! YUM!
Each year for my children's birthdays, they get to pick out a dinner and a cake. They are allowed to choose a restaurant but they never do. Last year, Cami picked Andes Mint Cake and this recipe for grilled cheese. She loves pickles and she really wanted this grilled cheese because it had bacon and tons of cheese too. I think she made a wonderful choice because these sandwiches were perfect. You have salty and sour and a good bit of crunch for an all-around perfect grilled cheese.
What you need:
- Bacon, 2 slices per sandwich
- Bread, 2 pieces per sandwich
- Dill pickles
- Cheddar cheese, 2 slices per sandwich
- Shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup per sandwich
- Cook bacon in a skillet or on a griddle until crisp and then set aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Drain most of the bacon grease from the pan. Turn the heat to medium low.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread.
- Place one slice of bread butter side down in the pan.
- Then top with a slice of cheddar, pickles, mozzarella, bacon, and another slice of cheddar.
- Top with another piece of bread, butter side out.
- Cook, flipping once, until each side is golden brown and cheese has melted.
When in doubt, go the egg salad route. This Roasted Jalapeno Egg Salad recipe is like egg salad mixed with jalapeno poppers and it is fabulous! I love BLTs almost as much as I love grilled cheese and Wendy of A Day in the Life combined the two for a BLT Grilled Cheese with Avocado.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram