Fresh strawberries and lemon are the perfect match in this lovely bundt cake
I love making bundt cakes and I wanted to attempt to make more in the past year or so. This one (although it didn't turn out super pretty) was very tasty. I loved the strawberry lemon combo and the Greek yogurt made it incredibly moist. I think this would be great subbing in blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries, but I really enjoyed having strawberries in a dessert. It seems like most of the time I don't get to bake with fresh strawberries. So this cake was a welcome rarity!
What you need:
For the cake:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- Zest of a lemon
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Then stir in lemon zest.
- In a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Then add eggs one at a time mixing until almost incorporated.
- Stir in lemon juice and vanilla until incorporated.
- Alternate adding flour and yogurt, starting and ending with flour, mixing until just incorporated.
- Fold in strawberries gently.
- Pour batter into a greased 10-inch bundt pan.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour 10 min to 1 hour 15 min.
- Let cool in pan for 25 minutes. Then turn out on a wire rack and cool completely.
- Prepare glaze by whisking together powdered sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle over the top.
More summer bounty can be used in this awesome Rhubarb Pudding Cake with Streusel recipe. For a more traditional strawberry cake, check out this Easy Strawberry Cake from Call Me PMc.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram