When you want a cinnamon roll, but don't feel like rising and rolling and filling and rolling, this pound cake is going to be your best friend!
This pound cake is really just a bundt cake and it's one of the moistest, most delicious cakes out there. It's the best part of cinnamon rolls mixed with the best parts of a bundt cake together.I have made it twice now and my only complaint is a personal error where I don't grease my bundt pan enough and it sticks. However, it doesn't need to be pretty though because the frosting hides the imperfections and the cake's flavor speaks for itself.
What you need:
For the cake:
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter (3 sticks), at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Grease a bundt pan with nonstick spray or Crisco and a light dusting of flour (I personally would go the Crisco route so your cake doesn't stick).
- For the cake: Beat butter in a stand mixer with a whisk attachment on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Slowly add granulated sugar and mix for 5 minutes until very pale and fluffy.
- On MEDIUM, add one egg at a time, mixing until incorporated and scraping down the sides of the mixer bowl as needed.
- On LOW, add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Then add sour cream, oil, and vanilla until just combined.
- For the cinnamon swirl: Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour half of the batter into the bundt pan. Drizzle half of the cinnamon swirl mixture over the top. Use a knife to swirl the cinnamon mixture into the batter.
- Repeat with remaining batter and cinnamon swirl mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then invert onto a serving platter. Let cool to room temperature.
- For the frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter together in a stand mixer with a whisk attachment for about 2 minutes.
- On LOW, add powdered sugar and mix until incorporated. Beat on MEDIUM for 1 minute.
- Add milk and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Pour frosting on the top of the cake once the cake has cooled.
I adore this Slow Cooker Apple Cake that only takes 5 ingredients to make and is served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. This Cinnamon Roll Layer Cake from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen is the absolute cutest!
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram