This soup is so easy to make and you can make it with add-ins or without!
Easy Egg Drop Soup is one of my favorite quick soup recipes that I love to make in a bind. There is room to have add-ins to make it more filling, like chicken, tofu, bok choy, and mushrooms. You can add some, none, or all! It's totally up to you. The base is the same and is wonderful on its own. This recipe really is easy and it's so quick. My older two kids love cooking and have nailed frying eggs, making mac and cheese, and making grilled cheese sandwiches. I think if they could make those, they could definitely make this soup.
What you need:
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/3 cup plus 2 Tbsp. cold water
- 3 eggs
- Additional add-ins: shredded chicken, chopped tofu, snow peas, mushrooms, bok choy
- Add broth to 3/4 cup green onions to a large stockpot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- If using add-ins, add them now and cook until heated through.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar, salt, cornstarch, soy sauce, and 1/3 cup water until smooth.
- Add soy sauce mixture to broth and boil for 1 minute, while stirring.
- Then reduce heat to low.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs with 2 Tbsp. cold water.
- Add eggs to soup and stir with a fork until eggs are opaque for about 1 minute.
- Garnish with remaining green onions.
I love quick and easy soups and I also love slow cooked easy soups like this Rosemary Bean & Bacon Soup. For more amped up Asian flavor, this Thai Chicken Ramen from Cooking Classy looks incredible!
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram