This savory breakfast has everything you need for the perfect morning including sausage, veggies, and feta cheese crumbles.
My newest favorite thing is feta cheese. I discovered it a few years ago, but I've really taken a liking to it in 2018 and have tried to convince the others in the family of the same thing. Cami likes it. I think Matthew is indifferent. But Nick hates it. So I don't think I'm going to win that battle. However, that means more food with feta for me, like this frittata! It's got so many elements going for it that just make me so happy - feta, kale, sausage, and red bell pepper - plus a few dashes of hot sauce for a little kick. It's a great and easy breakfast. My big kids really enjoy cooking and I know this is one they could definitely do mostly on their own with a little assistance with chopping the vegetables.
What you need:
- 6 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- A few dashes hot sauce
- 4 oz. Italian sausage
- 1 1/2 tsp. EVOO
- 3 cups baby kale, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, salt, and hot sauce.
- In a cast iron skillet, cook and crumble the sausage. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add olive oil to skillet and heat over medium. Add kale, green onions, and garlic. Stir and cook until kale has wilted.
- Add red bell pepper and cook until just become tender.
- Sprinkle the sausage over the top of the veggies. Then top with feta.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes - no stirring.
- Then broil on HIGH for 2 to 3 minutes or until frittata is starting to set and browning
- Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Savory breakfasts for the win! This Steak Hash with Pepperjack Sauce is incredible and it's definitely one of our favorite brinners as well. I'm also trying to convince my family to like eggplant and I'm sure I could change their minds with this Eggplant Potato Frittata from The Pajama Chef.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram
Post a Comment