A bite of pizza atop zucchini slices is the perfect low carb snack.
Nick did the keto diet last summer and when we decided to have a junk food/fried food night, I was at a loss for what to make that wasn't breaded. This was an easy pick that fit the low carb category and was relatively inexpensive to make. I love zucchini, so I was game for this recipe. No, these aren't bagel bites, however, they are still delicious little pizza treats.
What you need:
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup mini pepperonis
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Working in batches, cook zucchini 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Then place rounds on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top each zucchini round with marinara, mozzarella, and mini pepperoni.
- Place into oven and broil until cheese has melted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Immediately top with Italian seasoning and serve.
This Grilled Lemon Garlic Zucchini from Damn Delicious is a side dish high up on my to-make list because you cannot go wrong with grilled zucchini. One of my favorite stuffed zucchini recipes is this Bolognese Stuffed Zucchini with Pesto.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin
Post a Comment