Taco Tuesday in a foil pack in the oven - this salsa verde chicken is mouthwateringly delicious!
I tried quite a few foil packet recipes last summer because I really love Hobo Dinner and make it frequently and wanted to expand our horizons. This chicken recipe is probably my absolute favorite chicken foil pack recipe I have made so far. I am basically game for anything with rice, black beans, corn, cilantro, and lime at this point.
What you need:
- 2 cups instant rice (white or brown)
- 3 cups water
- 2 large chicken breasts, sliced to make 4 thin chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 2 Tbsp. cream cheese
- 12 Tbsp. salsa verde
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- Cilantro, chopped
- Juice of lime
- Sour cream
- In a medium bowl, mix together instant rice and water and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, toss together all the spices. Season each chicken breast with spice mix.
- Divide rice between 4 foil squares that have been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Top each with a piece of chicken.
- Slice cream cheese into 4 equal pieces and place one on each chicken breasts.
- Pour 3 Tbsp. salsa verde on top of each chicken breast.
- Split the corn and beans between the four packets and add red bell pepper to each as well.
- Seal the packets and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30 to 50 minutes or until chicken has cooked through completely.
- Carefully open each packet and gently stir. Top with pepper jack cheese.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes or broil on low until cheese has melted and is golden.
- Top with cilantro, lime juice, and sour cream and serve.
A totally different cuisine, but a wonderful recipe nonetheless, this Italian Mozzarella Chicken Foil Packets recipe is also a winner. I would love to try Foil Pack Cajun Chicken and Veggies from Gimme Delicious - because give me all the veggies!!
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin
Post a Comment