Crunchy baked parmesan chicken over a bed of one pot garlic parmesan pasta for a divine dinner!
I adore one pot meals and was so gung ho about trying the One Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta because I love pasta and it's rare that a main dish doesn't have garlic in it. This is in my wheelhouse. I decided to double up and try another recipe I had hoarded that I thought would fit really well with this pasta. I was totally right and if you time it correctly, your chicken finishes baking as soon as you finish the pasta. The crunchy baked chicken is fabulous with the pasta. Really happy with the combination and if you try it, please let me know how you like it!
What you need:
For the Baked Parmesan Chicken:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup Panko crumbs
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk, or more if needed
- 8 oz. fettuccine
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- For the chicken: In a shallow dish, stir together mayonnaise, seasoned salt, paprika, and garlic powder.
- On a plate, combine Parmesan cheese and Panko.
- Dredge chicken through mayonnaise and then Panko mixture.
- Place in a greased 9x13-inch baking pan and lightly spray with nonstick spray.
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes. While the chicken bakes, make the pasta.
- For the pasta: Melt butter in a skillet over medium high. Then add garlic and stir for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Stir in chicken broth, milk, and fettuccine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 18 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is cooked al dente.
- Stir in Parmesan and thin with milk if needed.
- Once chicken is done, slice into strips.
- Serve pasta garnished with parsley and topped with chicken.
A slightly different version of this dish is this Crispy Parmesan Chicken with Creamy Lemon Garlic Pasta from The Recipe Critic. It's been a while since I posted a One Pot Chicken dish and if you're looking for a healthier quick dish this One Pot Pesto Chicken Alfredo Zoodles is fabulous!
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin