Homemade pizza is the best pizza and this sheet pan pizza has loads of meat!
I have made very few sheet pan pizzas in my life. I think I may have gotten spoiled on making circle-shaped pizzas, not that they taste different, but they kinda do....right? I liked that this recipe didn't try to do anything crazy with the crust and I got to use my favorite recipe. As a child, my mom often bought premade dough and did sheet pan pizzas and they weren't my favorite. But I think this one (and another one I made years ago) have changed my mind. This meat lovers' pizza has 3 different meats: Italian sausage (you can go mild or hot), pepperoni, and ham. No reinventing the wheel here - a classic delish pizza!
What you need:
- 16 oz. Italian sausage
- Pizza dough (my favorite recipe)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 lb. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz. diced ham
- 4 oz. pepperoni
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- Dried parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the sausage in a medium skillet over medium heat until cooked through, crumbling as you go.
- Roll pizza dough out on a lightly floured surface to fit the size of your baking sheet. Transfer and press to fit to the edges.
- Top dough with pizza sauce followed by cheese. Then top with meats and sprinkle with parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are puffed and golden brown.