Sage and thyme seasoned chicken that tastes like it's been slow cooked for hours!
This was a first time for me on this skillet herb roasted chicken. It turned out very well. Next time, we are going to have carrots (buttered) instead of green beans as a side.. We thought that was the only thing that could have been better and more fitting with the roasted flavor of the chicken. The chicken is SO tender and the seasonings just make it so delicious! Hope you all try this one out!
What you need:
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp ground sage
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 can Campbell's condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup water
- Hot cooked brown rice
Directions:Recipe Source: Campbell's, I think
- Mix flour, sage, and thyme on a plate. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Coat chicken on all sides in the seasoned flour.
- Cook chicken in skillet for about 15 minutes, flipping after 7 to 8 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Keep warm.
- Add soup and water to skillet and cook until hot, bubbly, and thickened.
- Serve chicken with rice. Ladle on that soup! I think the rice tastes wonderful with the soup over top.