No need to leave the house when you have a perfect copycat recipe on hand!
I love Taco Bell Chicken Quesadillas so much. It used to be my go-to combo meal to get and I've made this recipe over and over again. I think I finally got it to where I liked it, so I have adjusted the old recipe from 2010 to reflect the changes I've made. I combined the old sauce recipe with another person's recipe and then tweaked it a little by what I felt tasted more authentic.
Update 7/15/16: In the near future, I am hoping to update the sauce recipe. I made it with Greek yogurt to appease Nick (he hates mayonnaise) and it tasted a lot closer to the sauce Taco Bell uses.
Update 12/14/12: Made these again. Somehow the sauce was a little too sweet, so we will try again next time to mess with the sauce. But here are some newer pictures, not taken by my cell phone. :)
What you need:Quesadilla Recipe from Food
For the sauce:
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
- 2 to 3 pickled sliced jalapenos
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. taco seasoning
- Pinch of salt
- 4 flour tortillas
- 4 chicken tenderloins, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook in a skillet with a little oil until browned and cooked through. Shred or chop in bite size pieces.
- Put all sauce ingredients in a small bowl, stir until smooth.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. One at a time, lay tortilla into hot skillet. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of each shredded cheese on one side of the tortilla.
- Add 1/4 cup chicken over cheese on tortilla.
- On the empty half, spread 1 tbsp. sauce.
- Fold over and press gently with spatula. Cook until cheese is melted.
- Serve sliced into 4 pieces.