The filling of this braid is mouthwateringly good loaded with chicken, broccoli, cheese, and dill.
I love recipes made with crescent rolls and this one has a good mixture of ingredients in it. I especially love the addition of dill to the mixture. That tang is just a really needed flavor. I love that it's cheesy and has broccoli in it too. Cheesy broccoli is always a win.
What you need:
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped cooked
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup mayo (which you can sub with sour cream)
- 2 tsp. dried dill
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Mix chicken, broccoli, and peppers together.
- Add salt, dill, mayo, cheese, and garlic. Stir until melted.
- Unroll the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Smooth and pinch so there are no gaps.
- Put mixture in middle.
- Take a knife and cut strips (1 1/2-inch wide).
- Take each strip and fold over mixture like you're braiding.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 25 minutes or until brown.
Recipe from my cousin-in-law, Amanda Donaho