Soup night just got so much better with all the fixings of a loaded potato put into the crockpot in soup form!
This potato soup was the first potato soup I had ever made and it kind of ruined all other potato soups for me because it's simple yet so addictive. Minus sour cream, it has all the elements of a loaded potato that I love plus it has all the elements of a good soup base that I love (carrot, onion, and celery!). I have made it so many times. Sometimes I serve it in a bread bowl, other times I just serve it in a regular bowl. Regardless, it never ceases to amaze me just how tasty it is!
What you need:
- 10 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, quartered and chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 medium potatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 to 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 pkg. broccoli
- Shredded cheese to taste
- Green onions for garnish
- Brown bacon in large stockpot.
- Remove bacon and add onion, celery, and carrots. Saute until soft.
- Add bacon back to pot. Add cream and stock. Add potatoes. Add broccoli.
- Bring to a rapid boil for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to slow cooker and cook on high for a few hours or on low all day.
- 15 minutes before serving, add cheese.