This fun version of meatloaf is sure to make your kids excited for dinner!
I have never had an issue getting Matthew and Cami to eat meatloaf, so this recipe wasn't necessarily made to "trick" them into into meatloaf, but rather because I thought they would be tickled pink about a cupcake made from meatloaf and mashed potatoes!
What you need:
- Your favorite meatloaf recipe
- Your favorite mashed potato recipe
- Mix up your meatloaf recipe and place mixture into greased muffin tins. For me, a pound made 6 cupcakes. You'll want to fill the meat mixture up to the top of the muffin tin because this mixture won't rise. More than likely it will shrink a little.
- Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add mashed potatoes to a piping bag --OR-- a ziploc bag with a bottom corner snipped off.
- Pipe potatoes over meatloaf cupcakes. Top with cheese, if desired, and serve.
Recipe from Twin Dragonfly Designs