What you need:
- 2 lb. ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- Hamburger buns
- Onion, sliced into rings
- Green bell pepper, sliced into thin rings
- Chives, chopped [or dried]
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp. mustard powder
- 3/4 cup beer
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- Saute onion and green bell in a little EVOO or vegetable oil.
- Make 8 patties and season with salt and pepper. Cook as desired.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add flour and mustard powder; cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Whisk in beer and bring to a simmer; then add half-and-half. Simmer for 5 minutes while whisking.
- Stir in cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
- Build burger: bottom bun, burger, beer cheese, chives, green peppers/onions, and top bun.
Recipe from Lady Behind the Curtain