You cannot go wrong with traditional puppy chow or muddy buddies, but I've loved the variations I've tried so far: Thin Mint and Milky Way. I was dying to try another one as soon as possible. I figured the best time would be Christmas season since there's a lot of snacking around the holidays. We really loved this combination - it was just perfection to have the Nutella and salty peanuts.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. Nutella
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cups salted peanuts
- 6 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Melt butter with Nutella in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir constantly. Once smooth, add salt and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, mix peanuts and cereal together in a large bowl.
- Pour Nutella mixture over the top and gently stir to coat cereal evenly.
- In a large Ziploc bag or even larger bowl (with a lid), add powdered sugar.
- Add cereal into bag/bowl, seal, and shake!
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin