No need to eat a boring old salad - this salad has seasoned chicken, corn, black beans, and more!
Because I'm trying to be more mindful and have some self-control, I have begun to eat salads for lunch once again. I used to get little prepacked salads when I was pregnant with Mason and doing my in-class observations. My two favorite are the Caesar salad and the Southwest Chicken salad. The Southwest Chicken comes with seasoned chicken, roasted corn, tortillas strips, Mexican style cheese, and Southwest ranch dressing.
When I stumbled upon this recipe, I knew it would be perfect for dinner and I knew that I was going to love it. I, as always, was right. This salad has many of the same elements as the prepackaged one - seasoned chicken, corn (although I didn't roast mine), Mexican style cheese, tortilla strips, and Southwest ranch dressing. It also has black beans, cucumber, tomato, and green onions which really take it to a whole other level and help make it a more filling meal.
What you need:
- Romaine hearts, shredded
- 1 cucumber, cut into slices and then halved
- Grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Green onions, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican style cheese
- 2 chicken breasts, seasoned with taco seasoning, cooked, and cut into strips
- Tortilla strips
- Southwest Ranch dressing or your dressing of choice
- Cook chicken by desired method. I baked mine. Let cool slightly and cut into strips.
- Toss lettuce with cucumber, tomatoes, corn, black beans, and green onions.
- Divide lettuce mix onto four plates.
- Top each with chicken and cheese.
- Drizzle with salad dressing and top with crunchy tortilla strips.
Recipe adapted from Meg's Everyday Indulgence
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram
stop by my amazon store to see my kitchen must-haves
Post a Comment