This Minnesotan dish gets a twist that makes it taste like a loaded baked potato!
Tatortot hotdish is something I grew up having often. It still to this day is one of my favorite comfort foods. I have tried a few variations to my mom's traditional: tatortots, ground beef, cream of chicken, green beans. I have loved each version. I had yet to make a chicken variation and thought it was a little overdue. I believe I made this back when Mason was still a newborn (almost a year ago *sniffle*) because it's an easy dish to prepare and doesn't make much of a mess. Plus it's a hearty dish that sticks to your ribs.
My kids love when I make tatortot hotdish and were excited to see bacon and cheese in it. I didn't top ours with sour cream and green onions - mostly because I was lazy that night and our produce section was bare when I went to the store, but I think they would be a great addition. This casserole tastes like a loaded baked potato and it's AWESOME!
What you need:
- 1 bag frozen tatortots
- Real bacon bits
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed and cooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and green onions, for garnish
- Cover the bottom of a casserole dish with tatortots.
- Bake at 400* for 20 minutes. During this time you can cook your chicken - and season it to your liking!
- After 20 minutes, remove dish from oven and cover with bacon, chicken, and then cheese. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with sour cream and green onions, if desired.
Recipe from Hot Eats & Cool Reads
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram
stop by my amazon store to see my kitchen must-haves
Post a Comment