Breakfast casserole with tatortots -- it doesn't get much better than that!
I don't make breakfast enough and it's becoming a real problem when I see recipes like this egg bake. Typically, this would be a weekend breakfast slash brinner meal because it takes a little over an hour to make. It's definitely worth it in the end and I really enjoyed how this one turned out. I love any meal that has spinach or kale in it. It's rare that I make a breakfast recipe with spinach or kale, so I was quite excited about it. I also believe this is my first time trying turkey breakfast sausage and I have to say that I enjoyed it immensely. I like to think of this recipe as a breakfast tatortot casserole and that makes me so so happy.
What you need:
- 1 lb. turkey breakfast sausage
- 3 oz. fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 30 oz. frozen potato rounds
- Seasoning salt
- In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat, crumbling while it cooks.
- Add spinach and cook until it wilts, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spread the sausage and spinach on the bottom of a greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Pour over top of sausage.
- Sprinkle the top with cheese and then layer the potato rounds evenly across the top and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until egg has set.
- If the potatoes are browning faster than the eggs are setting, you can cover the dish with foil.
This Cheesy Bacon Breakfast Casserole is like this one, but with bread instead of potatoes and a few other ingredient swaps. Even though savory breakfast casseroles are great, this Crockpot Cinnamon Roll Casserole from Recipes That Crock looks incredible.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram