I absolutely adore breakfast recipes that can be tossed together in a pinch and this Cheesy Bacon Breakfast Casserole is so simple and can feed a crowd!
Even though breakfast casseroles are super delicious and awesome...I absolutely hate taking pictures of them. Unless it's a sweet recipe, it's so hard to make them look pretty. This one just looks like a block of cheese with bacon. I do suppose that I'd eat that (LOL), but it'd be nice if I could capture just how tasty this hunk of breakfast casserole is. I used French bread that I purchased from my grocery store's deli section and did not add any fresh herbs on top - although I totally wish I did.
This takes very little effort and is so so good. It's the perfect breakfast - cheese, bacon, and eggs. Plus it's great to feed a small army, if you happen to find yourself needing to feed a crowd.
Cheesy Bacon Breakfast Casserole(Print)
What you need:
- 1/2 loaf French bread, broken into cubes
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- Thick cut bacon, cooked and chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh herbs for serving (like rosemary, basil, etc.)
- Place cubes of bread into a greased baking dish.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together eggs, cheese, and milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread and let sit for about 5 minutes to allow it to soak into the bread. Then top with bacon.
- Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh herbs, if desired.
And if you're looking for more breakfast casseroles, I guest posted on Knoxville Moms Blog to share this Easy Christmas Breakfast Casserole recipe that is perfect for any time of the year. Kelli of The Kitchn shared 20 Crowd-Pleasing Breakfast Casseroles and I cannot wait to try so many of them.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram