No boring chicken for dinner when you can stuff it with pizza fixings!
I am always looking for new ways to fix chicken because lately I've had a bit of chicken aversion. All three times I was pregnant, I had a chicken aversion and sometimes it comes back and rears its ugly head even though I'm not pregnant. I saw the video featuring this hasselback chicken on Buzzfeed Food and knew I had to try it out. Their directions were for one serving, so I modified it to fit my needs and left it open-ended down below. I find that I didn't put a teaspoon of sauce in each slit and I definitely think the mozzarella slices was a little too vague.
So with the modified recipe, I ended up with a fairly easy chicken dinner. I loved the addition of all the pizza fixings plus the cheddar cheese on top. It tastes like a pizza and that was exactly what I needed that particular day!
What you need:
- Chicken breasts
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded or sliced (that has been sliced into thin strips)
- Salami or pepperoni
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Dried oregano
- Slice about 7 slits in the top of each chicken breast.
- In each slit, add a little pizza sauce, some mozzarella, and some of the salami or pepperoni.
- Top each breast with a little cheddar cheese and oreagno.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 20 minutes or until chicken has cooked through.
Another one of my recent favorite chicken recipes is this Lemon Sage Chicken. These Zucchini Pizza Bites from Damn Delicious would be a great appetizer. I just love the whole idea of adding pizza toppings to not pizza. :)
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram