Crispy oven baked schnitzel makes a perfect sandwich!
Yes, I am posting yet another schnitzel recipe on the blog. We have schnitzel pretty often and I definitely like to switch it up each time we have it. It definitely hasn't gotten old for us, but it's still nice to have something just a little different. This recipe for schnitzel is baked and that did make me a little weary. However, the schnitzel comes out crispy and super tasty. I love the addition of paprika to this recipe. I would say it's a pretty authentic addition because my German sister-in-law puts paprika on everything or at least it always seems that way! :) The kids, of course, loved this sandwich, and we will have to do more toppings next time. There was no arugula or cucumber when I was at the store to get ingredients, so I ended up doing them pretty plainly. I do want to try with cucumber and tomato badly though!
What you need:
- 8 boneless pork chops
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten in a shallow bowl
- 2/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 small cheese slices
- Optional toppings: sliced tomato, sliced cucumber, red onion, arugula or other leafy green
- Pat pork dry and flatten each to 1/2 inch or less thickness. Season each with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together breadcrumbs and Parmesan.
- Mix olive oil and paprika in a small bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly brush with oil.
- Dredge pork through beaten eggs then breadcrumbs. Place on baking sheet and lightly brush with oil. It's okay if you have leftover oil.
- Bake in a preheated 430 degree oven for about 10 minutes. Flip and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Top each hamburger bun with pork, cheese, and ketchup, plus any additional toppings you desire. Serve immediately.
I made Jaegarschnitzel and posted it a while ago. I loved the bacon with the mushroom sauce. I saw this fancy version of Pork Schnitzel Sandwiches from The Avid Appetite that has pickled shallots and a spicy honey mustard.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram