This soup is the ultimate creamy, stick-to-your-ribs meal with all the goodness of alfredo in it!
I honestly didn't think I could like a soup so much and then I had this one that brings alfredo pasta to soup form. I just loved how wonderfully creamy and thick this soup was. It really sits nice and heavy in your stomach and is perfect for a cold night. Tennessee has been quite the whiplash for weather lately. It'll be really cold but then semi-warm the next moment. So I am not sure if I'm ready just yet to have this soup again, but I know we aren't too far off from it.
What you need:
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 12 oz. egg noodles, cooked al dente and drained
- 2 Tbsp. bacon grease or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 3/4 cup chicken broth, divided
- 5 Tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 5 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- For garnish: bacon bits and dried parsley flakes
- Place bacon on a rimmed baking sheet that has been lined with foil. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until crispy. Then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and let cool. Once cooled, chop and reserve a little bit for garnish.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 Tbsp. of bacon grease over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add chicken and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often. Then add 1/4 cup chicken broth and cook for 5 to 10 more minutes. Remove from heat and chop into smaller pieces.
- In a stockpot, melt butter with garlic over medium heat. Whisk in flour and pepper.
- Then stir in remaining chicken broth plus heavy cream and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat until it begins to simmer, stirring often.
- Add parmesan cheese and cream cheese. Stir until they melt.
- Add cooked chicken, noodles, and bacon. Reduce heat to low and cook until heated through, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking and burning.
- Serve topped with bacon bits and parsley.
Recipe from The Gunny Sack
Another perfect soup to warm you up on a cold day is this Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup that is spicy and delicious. I would love to try alfredo as an appetizer and this "Skinny" Chicken Alfredo Dip from A Dash of Sanity seems to be the one for me! Indulgent, but not too indulgent :)
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram