This tasty fried chicken copycat is easy to make at home and finger-lickin' good!
I haven't had KFC in ages but my family used to get it a ton when I was a kid, so this copycat recipe definitely brings up good memories. We paired our chicken with mashed potatoes and corn - I totally forgot biscuits - shame on me, right?! Regardless, this meal definitely filled us up and I know that Nick and the kids cannot wait to have it again. We love spicy fried chicken, but this seasoned crispy fried chicken was great too!
What you need:
- 6 to 8 pieces of chicken (thighs and drumsticks)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Lightly season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add buttermilk to a shallow bowl.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs.
- In a large shallow bowl, combine flour with pepper, chili powder, parsley, paprika, salt, thyme, garlic, and onion powder.
- Place half the flour mixture into a gallon size zipper baggie.
- Dip pieces of chicken into the buttermilk then place in zipper baggie. Seal and shake to coat.
- Remove chicken and dip in eggs. Then dip into reserved flour mixture.
- Repeat with the rest of the pieces of chicken.
- In a deep fryer, heat oil to 325 degrees. Fry chicken until golden brown and cooked all the way through. Let drain on a wire rack or paper-towel lined plate.
I have another copycat fried chicken recipe on my blog that is my ultimate favorite: Hattie B's Hot Chicken. You don't want to miss it! Sure you can serve this up with mashed potatoes and gravy, but KFC Potato Wedges are delicious too and I can't wait to try this recipe from Dessert then Dinner.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram