When chicken noodle soup meets elements of beef stew, this comforting Beef Noodle Soup is the outcome!
I adore homemade chicken noodle soup and when I read this recipe, it sounded like the beef version and that made me so happy. Each time I was pregnant, I ended up having an aversion to chicken. From time to time, even now, the aversion rears its ugly head and chicken doesn't appeal to me at all. There is never really a convenient time for the aversion to appear, however, this recipe is really convenient when I am craving something that is total comfort like chicken noodle soup and has most of the same ingredients. It's simple, filling, and delicious!
What you need:
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced into small pieces
- 3 stalks celery, sliced into small pieces
- 1 to 2 lb. beef stew meat
- 6 cups beef broth
- 8 oz. egg noodles
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley.
- Heat butter in a large stockpot over medium heat. Then add onion. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add carrots and celery. Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add beef broth and bring it to a simmer.
- Then add beef and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetable have softened.
- Add noodles and bring to a boil. Boil until noodles are cooked al dente.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in chopped parsley and serve.
If you would rather have a tomato-based soup, this Beefy Tomato Soup is a wonderful recipe. For a creamier beef soup, this Beef Stroganoff Soup from Chef in Training is super comforting and who doesn't love stroganoff?!
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram