Grilled cheese has never been better loaded with carne asada, tomatoes, and avocado!
I have made these melts a couple times. I have prepared them with marinaded carne asada beef and pre-prepared carne asada beef. I tend to prefer marinating it on my own but either way, it turns out fantastically. It just depends on how much time you have for prep. You can go spicy with the cheesy or more mild. Again, it's just up to you. But this is one fabulous grilled cheese that you don't want to miss out on! And I'm saying grilled cheese instead of melts because I mean, they are basically one in the same :)
What you need:
- 1 lb. carne asada style steak (preseasoned will work)
- 1 packet carne asada marinade
- 2 to 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 8 slices good quality bread
- 8 slices spicy cheese (pepper jack, habanero cheddar, etc.)
- Mayonnaise or softened butter
- If marinating the steak, prepare marinade and marinate steak for about 6 hours.
- Cook steak over medium-high heat until desired doneness is reached. Set aside to cool.
- Toss cooled steak with tomato, avocado, and cilantro.
- Spread mayonnaise or butter on the outside of 4 of the pieces of bread. Set down in a nonstick pan or griddle.
- Top each slice with a slice of cheese, filling, then a second slice of cheese. Top with another piece of bread that has mayo or butter on the outside.
- Cook until bottom bread is golden brown. Flip and cook until other side of bread is golden brown and cheese has melted.
Grilled cheese sandwiches are so versatile and I have plenty on my blog, but I have to say these Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are pretty high up on my list of favorites. I also love these Classic Patty Melts from Love Bakes Good Cakes because they really are super classic and super delish.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram