These Italian beef sandwiches are like Philly cheesesteaks with pepperoncinis - so delish!
I was immediately drawn to this recipe because it was like a mix between Mississippi pot roast and Philly cheesesteak. There is no way a recipe could be bad if it was that combination! As expected, this was a wonderful recipe. I keep an eye out for sales on pot roast and pork loins and tend to always have one or the other (or both!) in my freezer at any given time. I definitely recommend doing that because it's awesome to save money AND have one of them in the freezer to make a great recipe like this when you want it!
What you need:
- 4 lb. boneless beef pot roast
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 1 jar (12 oz.) sliced pepperoncinis, plus some for serving
- 10 sandwich rolls, split and toasted
- 20 slices Provolone cheese
- Reserve 3 Tbsp. juice from pepperoncinis, drain the remaining sauce.
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Season pot roast with 1/3 of seasonings on each side (reserving last 1/3 of seasonings for later).
- Add pot roast to slow cooker and pour tomato sauce on top. Then add green bells, onion, and pepperonicinis.
- Sprinkle with remaining seasoning mix and reserved pepperoncini juice.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours or on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours.
- Shred meat with a fork and place on bread, letting as much liquid as possible drip off.
- Top with onions and peppers, additional pepperoncinis, and 2 slices of Provolone cheese for each sandwich.
- Cook in a preheated 250 degree oven for a few minutes, just until cheese melts.
I'm sharing a completely different recipe here but I love these Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Subwhales. They are adorable little sandwiches! If you prefer to eat poultry rather than red meat, these Loaded Italian Chicken Sandwiches from Bev Cooks were amazing!
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram
Post a Comment