All the great taste of egg rolls without all the rolling and frying mess!
I'm all about making egg rolls without the egg roll wrapper and the not having to fry them part. That's definitely right up my alley. Same flavors, way less work. I really enjoyed that this one also had a shortcut of using coleslaw mix instead of having to chop up carrots and cabbage. I have to say that I also really like Jasmine rice, but you could use any rice that you want really. Hope you all try this and like it as much as I did!
What you need:
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. mirin
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 inch ginger, grated
- 2 tsp. canola oil, divided
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 bag coleslaw mix
- 1 green bell pepper, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 cups prepared Jasmine scented rice
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, mirin, garlic, ginger, and 1 tsp. canola oil. Set aside.
- In a wok, heat other 1 tsp. canola oil. Brown and crumble ground pork. Drain, if needed.
- Add cabbage and green bell pepper. Stir well.
- Add sauce from bowl and fry over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve atop Jasmine scented rice topped with green onions.
This recipe reminds me a lot of a stir fry and I highly recommend this Garlic Chicken and Broccoli Cashew Stir Fry recipe if you're looking for more recipes that are quick and easy to make. Another rice bowl recipe that is on my list to make is this Blackened Chicken Brown Rice Bowl with Avocado Cream from Cooking for Keeps.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin
Post a Comment