This pizza copycat is straight out of Dayton, Ohio - an okay imitation at best - the real thing is too good!
When I had first met my husband, all I heard about was this amazing pizza place in Ohio called Marion's Piazza (and Skyline too). We met in 2004 and it took me until 2016 to actually go to Marion's and have this infamous pizza. In particular, my husband's favorite is the one with Italian sausage and banana peppers. It's a thin crust pizza that's cut into squares. Marion's crust reminded me a lot of the pizza crust at my childhood favorite pizza place, Pizza Ranch. :) I'm still trying to find a good thin crust recipe that tastes like the ones at restaurants and it's driving me bonkers.
What you need:
- Pizza crust of your choosing, premade or homemade (thin crust is the most authentic)
- Pizza sauce of your choosing
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Banana pepper rings
- Prep pizza crust if needed. This could be precooking, rolling out and poking with a fork, or just putting it on the pan.
- Spread pizza sauce on crust.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese, sausage, bacon, and banana pepper rings.
- Bake in a preheated oven until crust has browned and cheese is melted. Again this depends on your crust.