Counting down the best breakfast recipes of 2020 to ring in the new year!
Hello, hello! Today's theme is the best breakfast recipes of 2020 and I'm excited because somehow in 2019 (when my 2020 recipes were made), I made a lot of breakfast recipes. I'm not sure next year's countdown will be as fruitful because I've slacked this year on making breakfasts. Again, if you want to join in, please do and leave a link to your round up in the comments!
- Mexican Egg White Omelet - This was a Fantastical Food Fight post and I loved it. I had recently (at the time of the post) been told my cholesterol was borderline high (yay genetics) and I was hopeful an egg white omelet would be as good as a regular omelet. This recipe was an absolute keeper.
- Cake Mix Coffee Cake - Every time I see the picture of this recipe, my mouth waters. It's the moistest, most delicious coffee cake and the amount of streusel on top is perfection.
- Dutch Baby Pancakes - I finally tried Dutch pancakes and they definitely blew my mind.
- Nutella Swirl Danish Ring - This was such a decadent breakfast bordering on dessert for sure.
- Butterfinger Maple Bars - I don't like maple at all. I don't eat maple bars. But for whatever reason, homemade maple bars are so delicious and the added Butterfingers and chocolate drizzle are too.
- Lemon Raspberry Dutch Baby Pancake - Since we started with the Dutch pancake, I wanted to load it up and do raspberries and lemon curd and it was insane how good it was. I thought the regular kind blew my mind until I made this one!
- Easy Sausage Gravy - I'm not a fan of gravy but I think I may be coming around. This recipe was for my husband and big kids because they love biscuits and gravy and I'll admit, the gravy is really good.
- Eggs Benedict - Last, but not least, this white whale. I attempted Eggs Benedict for a Fantastical Food Fight and failed horribly. I wasn't ready to try again immediately, but I finally did and I'm glad I did and was able to make it successfully. It was a journey.