Make these mini taco calzones with refrigerated biscuits - easy peasy!
**NEW PIC TO COME**
I initially made these and folded the rolls over the top and crimped them to seal. It turns out that the biscuits don't like to cook evenly that way. I went to the Pillsbury site and discovered they were more like calzones. The recipe definitely goes over a lot better if you do it the right way ;)
What you need:
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits (8 count)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (or Cheddar)
- 1 cup sour cream, if desired
- Brown ground beef.
- Flatten biscuits into 6-inch rounds onto a greased sheet.
- Combine taco seasoning, water, 1/2 cup salsa and ground beef; cook until thickened.
- Top each biscuit with taco meat and 1 tbsp. or so of cheese.
- Fold dough over filling and crimp with a fork to seal. Bake at 375 for 9 to 14 minutes.
- Serve with remaining salsa, cheese and sour cream, if desired.