I'm ending Grilled Cheese Week on a fancy note with these delicious fancy sandwiches. I'm not sure what's really fancy about it, but it has definitely made me rethink how I make regular ole grilled cheese sandwiches. From now on, the addition of garlic will be needed for ANY grilled cheese sandwich. It was nice to have spinach and three kinds of cheese with this sandwich too.
What you need:
- Thick Italian bread
- Cheddar cheese (slices or shredded)
- Mozzarella cheese (slices or shredded)
- Cream cheese, softened for spreading
- Garlic powder
- Baby spinach leaves
*There are two methods to make this sandwich
- 1st method: Mix together 2 cups shredded cheddar and 2 cups shredded mozzarella. Add in 5 oz. cream cheese and 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise; mix well. Add 1/2 tsp. garlic. Spread on bread and top with spinach. Melt butter in skillet and brown each side of the sandwich. Repeat until you run out of bread or cheese mixture :)
- 2nd method: Spread cream cheese on one slice of bread. Spread mayonnaise on other side of bread. Sprinkle with garlic. Top with slices of cheese and spinach. Melt butter in skillet and brown on each side. Repeat with remaining ingredients for desired amount of sandwiches.