I'm sure you all probably expected this out of any main dish themed week here on Fantastical. You all know how much I love cheesesteak (egg rolls, omelets, sliders, sloppy joes, stuffed peppers, quesadillas, pizza #1, pizza #2, and countless sandwich versions) - now if you didn't know how much I love them, you do now! :)
I hadn't done a grilled cheese sandwich yet, and what better time than now in Grilled Cheese Week! The better quality deli meat you are able to get, the better this sandwich is - the prepackage stuff just won't do.
What you need:
- 8 slices of bread
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 to 1 onion, in thin slices
- 1 green bell, in thin slices
- Provolone slices
- Deli roast beef
- Spread mayo on 4 pieces of bread.
- Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in skillet and cook onion and green bell until softened.
- Top 4 pieces of bread with mayo - with one slice of cheese, skillet mixture, roast beef, and another slice of cheese. Top with remaining 4 slices of bread.
- Melt butter in skillet (you can use the same one) and brown each side of each sandwich. Serve immediately.