This unbelievable soup is full of roasted veggies, plus tons of cheese, all served in an pretzel bowl!
I knew when I saw the picture of this cheesy potato and ham soup that I was going to love the recipe. I knew it was going to be mind-blowing. I was a little nervous to make it because it looked so fancy and even though I'm pretty competent at cooking, I didn't want to mess this one up. Low and behold, this is actually a easy recipe to make (including the pretzel bowls) and it actually isn't that time-consuming. Yes, you do have to time it to make the pretzel bowls in time for the soup to be finished, but you don't have to babysit the pretzel bowls while the dough rises, etc. I personally think the pretzel bowls are a must with this soup. It's literally the most perfect dinner ever. The pretzel bowls are addictive and the soup is creamy and cheesy and all the roasted goodness makes the soup superb!
What you need:
- 4 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups chopped ham
- 1 small onion, diced
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 4 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, plus some for garnish
- Chives, for garnish
- Pretzel bowls
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes, ham, onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Add a few tablespoons of oil with the paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and broil on high for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and pour into a large stockpot.
- In a small dish, mix cornstarch with a tablespoon of milk at a time until no lumps remain.
- Add cornstarch mixture, heavy cream, and remaining milk to the stockpot.
- Cook over medium to medium-high heat until thick and bubbly.
- Add cheese and stir until melted and well combined.
- Serve in pretzel bowls topped with additional cheese and chives, if desired.
I think that this Slow Cooker Potato Bacon and Corn Chowder would be super awesome in a pretzel bowl too. Hello to this Ham and White Cheddar Beer Soup from With Salt and Wit. It looks cheesy and all that ham PLUS bacon. YES!
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram