These sweet muffins have a burst of tart cranberry - the perfect winter breakfast!
Hello, December! The end of the year is upon us and once again, I can't believe it. For some reason, cranberries don't really hit my radar until after Thanksgiving. I don't like cranberry sauce, but I love cranberries in baked goods. These muffins are the fluffiest, moistest, creamiest, loveliest, and all the other -ests. The bite of cranberry is just the right amount of tart to offset the sweetness of the muffins and it's the best. I could not stop eating them.
What you need:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating between each addition.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Fold in cranberries gently.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups with batter 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
This Christmas Cranberry Dip is one of my favorite holiday appetizers. It's perfect with buttery crackers. A step up from muffins, these Cranberry Vanilla Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting from The Recipe Rebel look incredible!
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram