It's time to share the best recipes of 2019 to ring in the new year!
This is another day of the countdown that I'm really excited about because I love sweets. I have been making fewer and fewer desserts these days but I still love to save as many recipes as I can. Don't forget to stop by all the blogs below and see what recipes made their best dessert lists!
I have a lot more cakes than cookies this year and that makes me laugh a little. Cookies are so much quicker (minus the macarons), so you would think that I would have way more of those to share. Maybe next Countdown I will have more cookies.
- Butter Pecan Cheesecake - I love butter pecan ice cream. It's one of my favorites and I was so excited about this cheesecake. I had to order butter extract for this one because I couldn't find it in stores. It is just like the ice cream in cheesecake form.
- Mrs Field's Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Copycat - I made this cake for Mason's 3rd birthday in 2018 and he didn't eat it. He just picked the sprinkles off of it. It is such a great copycat recipe. You can't go wrong with cookie cake.
- Chocolate Oreo Cake - This recipe was for Matt's 11th birthday. The big kids always pick out their birthday cakes and he picked the most chocolatey rich cake ever. It was a big hit.
- Strawberries & Cream Layer Cake - This gorgeous cake was a taste test for my sister-in-law's wedding cake and we all were super impressed by it. I made it a second time and froze it for the wedding and it froze really well too. The frosting for the test round is the fluffiest, lightest whipped frosting.
- Birthday Cake Macarons - I was so proud of myself for tackling macarons and they were a huge success. I tried making them again with a different recipe and they were awful. So for now, I'll just pretend these babies are the only ones I've ever made.
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Snickerdoodles - I've made these cookies two years in a row because the first year I got the worst pictures ever...because we ate all of ours and I had to go to my mother-in-law's to sneak a few pictures of the ones I brought her and the lighting was so bad. No one was upset about me making them again.
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cupcakes - This recipe was a surprise favorite of mine because they look so pretty with the sparkling cranberries and gorgeous pink frosting, but the real treat is the white chocolate ganache filling!
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies - Oh yes, all my favorite dessert buzz words in the recipe title :) These are huge Rolo stuffed cookies. They are perfect.
- Amazing Pecan Cobbler - This is another recipe I made two years in a row because of a not great picture. I still really didn't get a great picture, but oh well. I guess I'll have to make it again. Poor us. Literally my favorite cobbler that I have ever eaten. I don't do pecan pie, but I will mess a pecan cobbler up!
In case you missed it...