Counting down the best dessert recipes of 2021 to ring in the new year!I went to scour for some crockpot recipes and did not have any of note to share, so no crockpot post tomorrow! But today is all about the best dessert recipes and even though the number of desserts I've made the last few years has been a lot fewer than other years, I still am so excited about them!
Reese's Pieces Butterscotch Cookies - Nick loves butterscotch anything and I was on a Reese's pieces kick, so these were the perfect dessert for us.
- Butterscotch Pie - Again, butterscotch = Nick's fave. Love pudding pies in particular!
- Caramel Fudge Turtle Cookies - These were sooo addictive. I ate way too many.
- German Chocolate Cheesecake - This was Cami's birthday cake for 2020 and it barely made it out because our heating element in the oven went out WHILE I WAS MAKING BDAY CAKE. What the heck even!
- Take 5 Cheesecake - My sister-in-law wanted a Take 5 cheesecake for her birthday cake and I took a Twix cheesecake recipe and added pretzels and peanut butter to it to make it more like the Take 5 candy bar.
- Giant Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cookie - This is one single cookie. I was laughing hysterically when Nick and Matthew came through the kitchen seeing me make this giant cookie. Just one.
- Mint Chocolate Chip Layer Cake - Matthew had almost chosen this cake every single year but ended up choosing something else. This was his birthday cake in 2020 and it was every bit as fantastic as I had hoped.
- The Best M&M Cookies - I love chocolate chip cookies but there is just something about M&M cookies that I really enjoy and it may just be a nostalgic thing for me, but I love a chewy soft M&M cookie!
- German Chocolate Cookies - These cookies were also super addictive and I ate way too many of them as well.
- Chocolate Crunch Cookies - I haven't made many chocolate cookies but these were sup er fun and the Crunch bar element was WONDERFUL!