Hi, I'm Kim from Durfee Family Recipes. I'm really excited to be guest blogging over at Fantastical Sharing of Recipes, and I've got a fun summer recipe to share with you. Durfee Family Recipes is a collection of recipes from my husband's side of the family. His mom, sisters, aunts, and cousins all participate, as well as those of us who have married into the family! All the recipes shared are ones we've made and enjoyed. It's great to get some ideas for something fun and new to make for dinner. It's also super convenient when someone brings something yummy to a family barbecue and we all want the recipe! So from our homes to yours, happy eating! Come visit us at durfeefamilyrecipes.blogspot.com!
Jalapeno Ranch Pasta Salad from Kim at durfeefamilyrecipes.blogspot.com
This is definitely a man pleasing side dish. My husband and several of my brothers-in-law gobbled this right up! I have to admit, I really like it too. Don't let the jalapeno scare you away, this pasta salad has a really mild spice to it. I was inspired by the club sandwich, turkey and bacon, you can't go wrong there! The barbecue season is in full swing, make this pasta salad for your next cookout.
- 8 oz. rotini pasta
- just under 1/4 cup Litehouse brand jalapeno ranch dressing (more if you like it super saucy)
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1-2 oz. colby jack cheese, diced
- 1 green onion, diced
- 5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1-2 oz. Oscar Meyer brand deli fresh mesquite turkey, chopped
- Cook pasta until al dente. Rinse, drain, and refrigerate.
- Cook and crumble bacon.
- Chop green pepper, green onion, and cheese.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix together the chilled pasta and ranch dressing.
- Add cheese, meats, and veggies, gently mix in.
- Keep refrigerated until serving. Enjoy!
**Optional: If you like tomatoes, add some to your pasta salad. Also, if you're a fan of spice like my husband, add a dash or two of a hot sauce (like sriracha) to the ranch dressing.